I did write this as a review, but I can't seem to find where it went so I'm going to post it again here: The demo is very promising, and currently playable and fun, if you play it you won't be disappointed. That being said there are a few things which I think could be improved upon, the reason I gave five stars and not four, is because I want this game to get seen and also I understand it's only a demo, either way the main things that I think need improving are the music, font and art. The music needs longer loops and generally more instead of just one loop (It can get annoying having the same loop repeat over and over, specifically the outdoor one) on the font I think the W/M are a little hard to read, but maybe that's just me. The art I think needs a little more polishing here and there (Specifically on the player) And if your still reading this your obviously interested and should just go play the game already!
Rotten Circuits (DEMO)
A downloadable game for Windows
Humans are a thing of the past...
Rotten Circuits is a 2D Top-Down Shooter with soulslike elements. You are a robot in a mysterious world, fighting on the frontlines.
Using two guns at the same time, you can find unique weapon combinations to outsmart your enemies. Your only protection is an energy shield and your only way to heal is at Memory Upload Stations.
THIS IS JUST A DEMO!
This is the very first demo of this game, featuring only a simplified version of the first zone. I'm mainly uploading this to do playtests, but I hope to release the full-version on steam one day. The two main features that haven't made it in this demo are a bigger focus on the narrative and a more interconnected open world. Follow me for updates if you want :)
ROTTEN CIRCUITS MIGHT BE DEAD.... [UPDATE (07/16/2020)]:
Sadly this game is more or less dead. A lot of things happened and I'm about to release a small mobile game. In the forseable future i will continue making tiny little games, so I'm not sure I will be able to come back to this.
College Update (v.1.0)
- End of college assignment. From now on this is a personal project.
- Map & Dialogs are completely overhauled and changed
- New Combat System including a Dash
- 2 Bosses
- Tons of bug-fixes & usability improvments
Lore Update (v.0.3)
- Added an Intro, explaining more of the backstory.
- Small Design Changes
- Fixed quite a few bugs.
This is mostly a one-man project, but Conin is contributing with great additional art.
For the first time i also made my own font. It's called SquaredEyes35 and you can use it for whatever you want (CC0). For Music & Sound I used a lot of online assets. All are linked here:
Effects (I edited some of these in-game. These are the raw files i used)
- Laser Overheat
- Door Open/Close
- Door Lock/Unlock
- Switch Activation
- Textbox Typing
- Memory Station Activation
- Crate Destruction
- Hit Sounds
- Out of Ammo
- Laser Shots
- Gun Shots
- Plasma Charge
- Crystal Shot
- Extract the Zip File into a Folder of your choice.
- Now run the Exe File inside.
- Rotten Circuits got an Intro! (First Devlog)Jan 26, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks a lot for the review and the feedback! I hope I can give a satisfying answer to all your issues:
- The music will definetly change. I'm under time-pressure as this is a college project, but once the assignment is done I'll get better music and take time to find it.
- I had the idea to make the font with as few pixels as possible, but even playtesting myself it reads a bit slow, so i will adjust it for readability eventually. Probably also after college is out of the way.
- I know the art is very minimalistic, but can you tell me what you specifically dislike about the player as opposed to the enemies? Or do you just think the player needs to stand out from them more/be more detailed?
Wow! This is pretty great! Bug report: I think I may have been able to damage that final boss guy before I hit he to talk to him, not sure tho!